Group Tax Restructuring
To protect the cash resources of the companies from:
- Declining trading conditions.
- Landlords – and arguments for increased rent.
- The devotion of the owners to the companies. This is most important as we moved €1million tax free to a private investment vehicle to make sure the owners were financially secure and to provide strict focus on commercial viability of each restaurant.
- Provided independent experts to confirm the appropriateness and legality of the advice and prepare the detailed submissions.
- 5 years after we constructed a group structure over the 3 restaurants, which released €1.5million of cash at 20% to the Directors, we unravelled the Group Structure.
- Strategy involved building a fact based business case for each company that could withstand an independent tax or legal review, including creating the paper trail to support the decisions and future action.
The detailed business plan permitted the client to:
- Ring-fence the historical cash reserves of the group and its commercial property in an independent investment vehicle.
- Helped the client to define the business and management development plan with detailed steps and targets for next five years.
- Construct and have ownership of the retirement planning including the exit strategy from the business.