Merger and Acquisitions
In early 1990 a Management Team of a leading provincial newspaper identified an opportunity to purchase the loss making paper from the family who had owned it from over 10 years.
- Assisted the Management Team to negotiate and finance the purchase of the company.
- Led negotiations on all aspects of transactions, including financial, legal due diligence in both purchase and sale of the company.
- Saw the company to consistent profitability and secure financial footing and were retained in an ongoing consultative role for over 20 years to assist in all aspects of the commercial development of the paper and its brand.
- Played a central and consultative role to the rationalisation and modernisation
of operations from manual typesetting to subcontracted printing.
- Assisted same Management Team to sell the company for a record level achieved for an Irish provincial newspaper.